Position Title: Director of Business Development– Southern California
Location: Southern California Territory- San Diego, Los Angeles or communable
Comp: OTE $225,000K Potential Year 1, Base $90,000-$140,000 for Familiarity with the Space.
Base increase commensurate with CRO Services sales experience.
Territory: Southern California with the opportunity to grow to a SouthWest territory
Role: Business Development and Growth of Pre-Clinical Services
Rapidly growing mid-size Pre-Clinical CRO is expanding into the Southern California. Productive territory handled by inside sales is ready for full-time business development. Reasonable growth is expected within the territory in client expansion and growth. This position requires an individual who can make decisions independent of support. Scientific expertise is available. Ultimate decision-making capabilities will remain with the Director of Business Development. Great position for someone who can handle the Freedom. Support and promote pre-clinical services by identifying, developing, managing, and retaining potential and existing accounts within the Southern California Area.
- Unique efficacy models that the big players don’t have.
- Nimble and able to shift in response to client’s needs.
- The ability for custom services that are not out of a box.
- Research facility with unique model generation capabilities
• Identify opportunities coordinate client contact with Government agencies, biotech/pharmaceutical companies (both prospective and current clients of Company), to market and ensure customer satisfaction with Company services.
• Respond to client inquiries and provide information including cost estimates and timelines in response to inquiries
• Write routine reports and correspondence in a professional manner
• Manage multiple opportunities and projects simultaneously
• Possess the capacity to advocate on the client’s behalf
• Visit prospective clients and present information regarding the preclinical and clinical capabilities of Company to obtain new business.
• Coordinate appointments with clients as needed to expand the growth of business
• Identify prospective clients and convert.
• Book local events to present company information and generate contacts for prospective business.
• Partner with clients and in-house scientific experts to recommend solutions to a wide range of pre-clinical study design challenges.
• Coordinate internal project teams to support client requests and anticipated business needs.
• Contribute to developing and executing strategies that will increase the efficiency of the Client Services group by working with fellow group members as a team.