Boston Biotech looking to increase it’s sales force in response to increased market penetration and product development. This company focuses on in-vitro tissue models in Lung, dermal, intestinal, and eye models as well as human primary cells for use in Pharma, Biopharma, and Academic research. These models replace some of the existing in-vivo models that are available for some testing to produce faster more economical results pushing drug candidates toward clinical endpoints faster.
The organization is light and nimble with less than 100 employees currently. They have increased new lab floor space by 50% offer a friendly teamwork focused culture and are involved in a dynamic emerging market. Is cutting-edge tissue culture Research and Development. The models they offer as an alternative to animal testing save animal lives daily, with more clinically relevant data using human tissue models.
· Contact prospective clients to determine their needs and degree of interest in the company’s products and services, and timeframe for the performance of these services
· Identify new major customers, new opportunities and grow strong business relationships for the purpose of driving sales of products
· Conduct frequent contacts and on-site meetings with customers/potential customers including generating and qualifying leads prospects, assessing opportunities, and proposing and closing sales contracts
· Research and develop account and opportunity plans for assigned accounts
· Manage, plan and attend appropriate industry trade shows, conferences, and seminars
· Organize and conduct regional technical sales trips to develop new client business
· Assist in the maintenance of the CRM database
· Work collaboratively with the business development team, marketing, and administrative staff
· If needed, support marketing initiatives which may include; letter-writing campaigns, social media campaigns, website revisions, press releases, etc.
· Ensure all business development activities are included in the CRM Database
· Travel to client business meetings, trade shows and conferences up to 25%
· Previous success in a technical sales role is preferred
· Strong Software and computer skills including MS Office Applications and CRM Applications
· Ability to manage competing priorities
· BA/BS or MS preferably in Life Science or Business
· Knowledge of the Preclinical Research Industry
· Previous experience selling preclinical research services