Team Lead- Analytical Chemistry – Agrochemical
Fully Independent Contract Research
Laboratory (CRO) specialized in a higher tier regulatory chemistry services to the agrochemical sector. Our
extensive expertise includes managing large study programs, field study components & understanding regulatory
needs at a state, national, and international level. Studies are performed in accordance with GLP guidelines. We
have the latest and most sensitive analytical instruments including HPLC/UPLC instruments with Sciex 4000 and
6500 Q Trap Mass Spectrometers, and a B-Ram radio analysis detector, to name a few.
We strive to employ a varied and diverse range of dynamic people who understand and appreciate the
importance of our mission and what we do. When you consider an opportunity in this organization you will be joining a
dedicated and professional group.
Currently, there are 2-3 Team Leads in the organization. The Team Lead position manages a group of 2 scientists directly and 5+ indirectly.
Medical, dental, and vision coverage, Flexible Spending Account, Employee Assistance Program,
Company-paid Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage, Retirement savings with a generous company
match, Paid holidays and vacation time
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Design experiments and studies, manage resources, both equipment, and personnel, and organize
- Work with the Group Leads to interpret data and present the results and conclusions with scientific
- Act as a technical liaison with the sponsor, organize regular technical calls to explain experimental results,
suggest technically sound, innovative and reliable ways to undertake the studies, and justify the scientific
findings using sound judgment on case to case basis, to produce scientifically defensible data.
- Protocol and Report writing/reviewing
- Guide and help Scientist II to develop into their roles and prepare for a new role, as applicable
- Ensure all GLP processes are followed and adhered to
- Ensure studies are on track and no delay will occur due to errors or lack of organization.
- Manage the resources in conjunction with Group Leads to ensure that laboratory is effective and efficient.
- Determine ways to improve in-house processes and develop new and innovative ways to approach problems.
- Ensure study directors are meeting their timelines while ensuring total scientific integrity
- Present work at conferences, as applicable
- SOP review and development
- Use management tools to ensure the study directors are following procedures and ensuring timelines are met
- Provide the Group Lead with weekly or monthly review of concurrent studies and their progress
- Ensure safety protocols are always followed
- Master Degree/Ph.D. in Science with minimum 5-8 years’ experience in analytical chemistry & agrochemical.
- Strong fundamental knowledge of chemistry for extraction and concentration of the moieties of interest from
complicated matrices like soil, water, waste-water, plant and animal tissues.
- Ability to tune and optimize compounds for mass spectrometers as part of an HPLC/MS system.
- GLP experience
- Total understanding of guidelines and study conduct as it applies to residue and metabolism