A growing client in the drug development realm is looking to expand its team with a growth position for a Senior Bioanalytical Chemist/ Senior Scientist role. Priorities include leading the day to day operations of a team of 5 scientists and meeting company objectives of growing the team to just under 20 in the future and reporting directly to the COO (unique opportunity)
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Must be able to interact effectively with multi-disciplinary project teams
· Expected to execute, tabulate data, provide data interpretation
· Revise/review/author test methods and technical reports.
· Knowledge of bioanalysis using LC/MS and/or HPLC in a drug discovery/ drug development environment.
- Adept in variety of sample preparation techniques: protein precipitation, liquid-liquid and solid phase extraction techniques.
- Ability to troubleshoot LC/MS and/or HPLC method and instrument problems.
· Experience with any of following: Waters Acuity UPLC, Sciex quadrupole LCMS/MS systems, Thermo Scientific LTQ Orbitrap; Watson LIMS and Analyst software; Hamilton robotic system.
· Develop a workflow to maximize instrument uptime and provide high-quality data with the minimal resources needed to achieve this goal
The ideal candidate would possess:
· Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
· Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
· Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
· Experience working in GMP/GLP regulated environment
· Well-organized, great attention to detail, an avid learner, can follow SOPs, and excellent time management skills
· Industrial experience and an understanding of the drug development process
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree (MS preferred) in Chemistry, Biochemistry or other related degree concentration, or equivalent directly-related experience
· At least 10 years experience working in a pharmaceutical/ drug development environment
· Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
· Ability to handle human and animal biological samples
· Experience with small group management 3-10 people (ideal but would consider less)