Interested in gaining access to senior leadership?
Want to enter NHP research on new innovative models?
Our client is seeking a GLP trained Study Director. The position requires extensive experience in preclinical animal research in relation to drug development. Preference is given to those with experience in nonhuman primate (NHPs) research. The candidate must offer their knowledge and expertise in proposing new model development opportunities or improvements to existing models to increase effectiveness across disease areas. The Study Director must be able to maintain relationships and fluid communication with commercial and academic research sponsors to identify and meet needs. In-depth knowledge of related scientific fields is necessary for internal and external communication along with data collection and interpretation. Additionally, the candidate should have prior leadership/management experience to properly oversee contributing project team members.
- Provide expertise in design, implementation and analysis of in vivo efficacy, PK/PD and toxicology studies
- Review preclinical data from other test systems to inform nonhuman primate study design
- Contribute to study design and effective protocol development
- Oversee study planning, initiation, and study completion activities
- Provide hands-on technical execution of studies as required
- Oversee data analysis, study report generation and distribution.
- Develop, approve, and distribute study-related documents and other study tools
- Serve as point of contact for internal communication regarding relevant studie
- Act as primary point of contact for sponsor study monitors (provide regular updates)
- Contribute to junior scientific staff development through scientific support and oversight
- Advance scientific and commercial interactions with existing and new sponsoring organizations
- Support development of new scientific methodologies and optimization of existing test systems
- Establish an in-depth knowledge of facility SOPs and contribute to their maintenance
- Contribution to maintenance of good laboratory practices (GLPs) and AAALAC credentials
- Present company research capabilities and study outcomes at relevant scientific meetings
- Preference to candidates with a Ph.D. and/or M.D. or D.V.M. degree, with experience as a study director. Masters degrees are also considered with relevant experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of laboratory experience working with in vivo models, preferably including nonhuman primate translational models
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to the necessities of fast-paced multi-site research environments/ experience working with contract resource organizations.
- Exceptional attention to detail and focus on quality of service and client communication
- Experience working in a protocol driven environment on in vivo and/or molecular models
- Experience working with and under IACUC oversight in AAALAC-accredited facilities preferred
- Candidates with Study Director experience in two or more of the following areas preferred: ophthalmology, immunology, CNS disease, metabolic disease, cardiovascular disease, surgery, molecular biology, cell culture, formulation
- Experience supervising junior scientists is favored
- Publication record and demonstrated experience establishing new scientific methodologies
- Ability to relocate to St. Kitts