This company is a subsidiary of a large medical device company that produces polymeric reagents for use in Flow Cytometry and other biological applications. We are looking for a Senior Scientist/ Chemist for the dye development team to develop novel fluorescent dyes for use in Flow Cytometry. This individual will work within cross-functional teams to address unmet needs within the subsidiary dye portfolio. The Senior Scientist/ Chemist will apply their experience to create dyes for early proof-of-concept to formal product development, leveraging their experience in small molecule and polymer chemistry, bioconjugation, optical spectroscopy, macromolecule separation and analytical characterization.
- Work with the team to target and synthesize fluorescent dyes for use in drug development
- Create and identify new innovative techniques for fluorescence-based biological detection both as an individual contributor for the team and as a subject matter expert for the company
- Assist with development strategy by interpreting data and providing guidance to product development teams
- Perform and oversee a variety of small-molecule and macromolecular processing, purification and characterization steps.
- Work within early product pipelines, contributing to various stages of development from early proof of concept to process development
- Work collaborativly in small teams with chemists, application scientists, and biochemists to establish dye specifications.
- Build a case for setting dye specifications through statistical processes and data analysis.
- Mentor scientists and associates in setting up, purifying and characterizing chemical reactions including assistance in data interpretation and experimental design.
- Draft SOP’s, technical reports, and presentations for communicating project progress
- Participate in Environmental Health and Safety Programs and address corrective actions whenever a hazard is identified.
- MS with at least 5 years experience or PhD with 1 year of experience in an organic or materials chemistry environment
- 5 years of academic/industry experience in organic synthesis, bioconjugation, materials science
- 5 years of experience with UV/Vis or fluorescence spectroscopy
- 3 years of experience with HPLC SEC IEX
This is an opportunity to work with a well established global leader in product development which will shape the future of research while leading teams and acting as a subject matter expert.