Principal Scientist/ Veterinary Pathologist (Anatomic)
Our Client’s work in developing new pharmaceutical solutions has an incredible impact on millions of lives worldwide. Be a part of this life-saving work that offers specialty biomedical research services in a large range of species encompassing most categories of applied human and veterinary medicine. We are seeking an experienced Veterinary Anatomic Pathologist to join a team of board-certified veterinary pathologists. The primary function of this role is to perform microscopic slide interpretation and prepare pathology narrative (may include photographs) of results.
The successful candidate will provide: anatomic pathology interpretation of results, oversight of necropsies as needed, and responsible for ensuring continued regulatory compliance in an evolving anatomic pathology department. The department has a primary focus in the evaluation and reporting of anatomic pathology data generated from a variety of standard and non-standard laboratory species from non-clinical safety/efficacy studies.
· Perform critical pathology research and may lead projects.
· May supervise work of non-certified pathologists and technicians but devotes not less than 75% of the time to direct research effort.
· Perform the complex microscopic evaluation and interpretation of tissue sections from animals exposed to test materials and correlate these findings with necropsy, organ weight, and clinical pathology findings.
· Author comprehensive pathology narrative reports of microscopic, gross, and clinical pathology findings, while meeting report deadlines.
· Provide Experienced pathology support in the interpretation of chemical or drug-related toxicology findings in safety studies.
· Communicate the significance of pathologic findings to study directors, clients, and other individuals.
· Serve as core pathologist for key clients requesting this service.
· Alternatively, exhibit skills in specialty areas such a neuropathology, ocular pathology, immunohistochemistry, etc. and be responsible for evaluating specialty toxicology studies or specialty portions of studies.
· DVM/VMD: Board-eligible (Pathologist) or board certified by the ACVP or equivalent (Pathologist or Senior Pathologist)
· Applicable job experience: 0–5 yrs (Pathologist) or >5 yrs experience (Senior Pathologist) in anatomic pathology
· ACVP certified or eligible for part 2