Group Lead Analytical Chemistry Agrochemical
Fully Independent Contract Research Laboratory (CRO) specialized in a higher tier regulatory chemistry services to the agrochemical sector. Our extensive expertise includes managing large study programs, field study components & understanding regulatory needs at a state, national, and international level. Studies are performed in accordance with GLP guidelines. We have the latest and most sensitive analytical instruments including HPLC/UPLC instruments with Sciex 4000 and 6500 Q Trap Mass Spectrometers, and a B-Ram radio analysis detector, to name a few. We strive to employ a varied and diverse range of dynamic people who understand and appreciate the importance of our mission and what we do. When you consider an opportunity in this organization you will be joining a dedicated and professional group.
There is currently 1 other Group Lead in the organization. The Group Lead manages a group of 1-2 direct reports with 7-10 indirect reports.
Medical, dental, and vision coverage, Flexible Spending Account, Employee Assistance Program, Company-paid Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage, Retirement savings with a generous company match, Paid holidays and vacation time
Experience and competencies in the following is a Plus:
- Master Degree/Ph.D. in Science with minimum 8+ years’ experience in analytical chemistry & agrochemical.
- Expertise and experience in extremely low-level detection and quantification of parent compounds, impurities,
metabolites and degradants.
- Strong fundamental knowledge of the chemistry involved in the extraction and concentration of the moieties of
interest from complicated matrices like soil, water, waste-water, plant and animal tissues.
- Ability to tune mass spectrometers and optimize compounds effectively as part of an HPLC/MS system.
- GLP experience
- Total understanding of guidelines and regulatory requirements
- Industry norm experience
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Design experiments and studies, manage resources, both equipment, and personnel, and organize
- Interpret data and present the results and conclusions with scientific proof/references
- Act as a technical liaison with the sponsor, organize regular technical calls to explain experimental results,
suggest technically sound, innovative and reliable ways to undertake the studies, and justify the scientific
findings using sound judgment on case to case basis, to produce scientifically defensible data.
- Protocol and Report writing/reviewing
- Supervise Residue/ Metabolism Teams and ensure that they are properly trained for their projects.
- Improve efficiency in the lab processes
- Be able to explain data to regulatory entities
- Present work from the laboratory in different conferences
- Help in research projects for scientist within the laboratory
- Ensure equipment is maintained as per GLP and all GLP processes are adhered to effectively and
- Develop new resources for the laboratory to bring in new work
- Help, develop and guide Team Leads and Scientist II into their role or a new role, as applicable
- Help update and develop SOP’s
- Ensure safety procedures and protocols are followed
- Provide weekly or monthly updates to management on the laboratory progress and effectiveness
Our client offers Residues, Soil dissipation, and E-fate research in diversified environmental matrices.
The client is a specialized service provider dedicated to undertaking studies for residues and metabolism in plants, soil, animals and diversified environmental matrices. Our client has a purpose built facility, that provides analytical and radiochemical services to the sponsors.
Our highly experienced and competent researchers have a strong background and extensive experience in the fields of metabolism, environmental fate, residue chemistry, field dissipation and worker exposure. Our client conducts studies in accordance with US-EPA, GLP requirements. Our client has a successful audit history with the US-EPA and has also performed several studies under OECD guidelines for Canadian, Japanese, and European submissions.
Our client collaborates with the task forces and various research groups to offer comprehensive services, in collaboration with few partners, our client can perform complex environmental and exposure studies in the US.
The laboratory is well equipped with highly sophisticated analytical instruments:
- LC MS-MS (Sciex 6500, Q TRAP, 4000, Sciex 4000 Quadrupole, Ultima Micro-mass)
- GC & GC/MS
- HPLC with array of detectors
- Liquid scintillation analyzer
- HPLC-Flow scintillation analyzer
- Biological Material Oxidizers
- Sun Test equipment
- Sample processing equipment
- Purpose built 400 Sq. ft Environmental Lab dedicated for Soil/sediment and Aquatic metabolism using radioactive (14C labeled) test material for environmental fate studies.
- Residue sample processing lab, extraction and concentration facility
- Several fume hoods connected to roof extractors
- 400 Sq. ft Walk in Freezer at -20° C