Cell and Gene Therapy
Business Development, Director of Sales
We are currently in search
of an experienced Business Development Director to lead our business
development team and to generate business for Bioanalytical
Services in Cell and Gene Therapy. The technical focus of these services includes Biodistribution Testing and Complex Potency Assays in cell culture. The Business Development Director will be
able to technically present and promote services and solutions to potential
clients including new accounts, new business opportunities at existing
accounts, and new marketing opportunities with the objective of establishing
long term, mutually beneficial business partnerships while leading a team of
Business Development Staff. Successful candidates will be self-starters, with
responsibilities and talents including, but not limited to, the following:
· Develop and achieve an annual sales plan and sales targets for existing
and new accounts.
· Act as a Subject Matter Expert in the cell and gene therapy analytical
· Establish, nurture and grow client relationships at the appropriate
· Develop account and territory plans and partnerships with key accounts.
· Provide monthly sales activity reports to management.
· Process all leads.
· Provide intelligence on key
competitors, best practices, and evolving trends
· Recognize and communicate sales opportunities for other business units.
· Set and manage client expectations.
· Collaborate with companywide resources to achieve superior customer
· Organize and hosts client visits.
· Evaluate quotations for territory and provides inputs to ensure client
and company requirements are met.
· Grow the existing sales team in size and scope.
· Responsible for Opportunity Management and accurate pipeline forecasting
for the team.
· Collaborate effectively with sales executives from other business units
to bring potential opportunities to their attention and to identify and win
· Assist in determining margins and pricing with Client Services.
· Participates in proposal scope development as appropriate.
· Maintain frequent personal contact with clients and prospects.
· Participate in corporate teams to build relationships with key accounts.
· Lead client technical presentations.
· Support an established client base where appropriate.
MS or Ph.D. in a life
science or engineering field, with
relevant experience in Cell and
knowledge of Analytical work in the Cell and Gene Therapy Space
Demonstrated ability to
acquire and grow client base