A national life science contract research laboratory is inviting a seasoned business development professional into their ranks of a dynamic and supportive work environment that contributes to the company’s mission of discovering precise genomic solutions for human disease and empowering the life science research community in a shared quest to improve human health.
The successful individual will enjoy activities such as identifying, negotiating and managing strategic relationships with biomedical, academic and pharmaceutical partners. Overall responsibility for ensuring revenue and management objectives are met and exceeded for the Southwest territory. Develop and maintain strong customer relationships, providing consultative selling solutions and required support. Demonstrates expertise in the utilization of murine models as a platform of basic biopharmaceutical drug discovery research and in the solutions provided by the client to solve research problems.
Provide territory management that includes planning, implementation of sales plans, and reporting of results. Measures of success include revenue performance versus established sales targets and accepted projects – new and renewed.
Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complicated tasks. Maintain current business while identifying and developing new business opportunities in the biotechnology and pharmaceutical sectors to achieve revenues. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Meet with current and prospective customers to identify their needs and provide solutions
- Maintain CRM- Database with updated customer information as well as updated information of business opportunities.
- Provide consultative solutions that create a collaborative relationship to address the unique needs of the customers
- Develop and execute strategic account plans, qualify leads and close business
- BS/BA in life sciences – or sufficient industry experience, MS/MBA desirabl
- 3-10 years of direct sales in life science contract research services, life science consumables and services, or research and development services
- Ability to travel up to 60%
- Ability to build strong relationships with external and internal customers including scientific leadership.