We are looking for a dynamic clinical veterinarian with experience in Non Human Primates that brings excellent communication, a willingness to learn, a focus on compliance, and a knowledge of and priority for animal health and welfare. All of this in our AAALAC accredited, PHS assured, nad CDC registered facility in temperate South Texas.
The clinical veterinarian will contribute to the team by:
- Providing medical and surgical care for laboratory animals to ensure adequate and humane veterinary support.
- Performing physical, ophthalmic, and other needed exams on laboratory animals.
- Providing expertise on animal health, biology, physiology, and research methodology to staff scientists and technicians and provide training to staff when needed.
- Assisting the site supervisor to ensure that the policies and practices regarding animal care and welfare are in compliance and contain relevant regulations.
- Reporting all animal care concerns and becoming involved in the resolution.
- Work with non-human primates in a fast-paced environment
- Hone your clinical, surgical and regulatory veterinary skills with a team of 6 DVMs
Ideally, the clinical veterinarian will have:
- Clinical experience, however, we will train the right candidate
- Experience working with non-human primates is desirable but not required, However, the desire to work with NHPs is a prerequisite.
- Active DEA registration
- Ability to gain a Texas DVM license or commitment to obtain within 30 days of offer
- Willingness to work with laboratory animals in a research/laboratory setting.
- DEA registration reimbursement
- Continuing education reimbursement
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Health savings account
- Flexible spending account
- generous 401k