The Drug Development Project Manager acts as a central contact for information
on a particular program and manages activities to develop programs. Ensures that concurrence
between the team and management is achieved for program objectives and meets these
objectives to achieve goals. Works with management staff and teams to create the development
strategy, establish objectives, and monitor team progress. Makes recommendations regarding
project objectives, resource requirements, and scientific direction to the team and senior
● Provides professional program management for 2 or more complex development
● Organizes, manages, and supports cross-functional compound-level project teams
(including day-to-day team management and stakeholder interactions) toward
implementation of the strategic and operational plans and tracks progress to goals.
● Develops and supports the maintenance of drug development plans (including timelines,
milestones, deliverables, budgets, etc.) to ensure on-time delivery of the plan.
● Is responsible for maintenance of the project actions, risks, decisions, and issues.
Maintains or oversees management of project schedules using Microsoft Project.
● Facilitates the review of development projects with Senior Management, makes
recommendations for action and ensures appropriate follow-up by management to
achieve approved objectives.
● Manages project information for assigned projects and is responsible for developing and
maintaining good relationships with other functions.
● Is responsible for ensuring smooth transitions between action points.
● Supports quarterly forecasts, manages scopes, timeline, and financial changes through
tracking variances at the program level.
● Works with relevant areas/teams to lead the development of strategy and project plan
(inclusive of timelines, milestones, interdependencies, issues, risks, and actions).
● Manages and tracks program progress as assigned on a continual basis, identifying and
tracking both cross-project and cross-functional issues, scope issues at the project and
program level, timeline issues, and budget issues. Works proactively with the manager
and the project team to achieve timely resolution of these issues in order to achieve
approved program objectives.
● Is responsible for ensuring timely, accurate and comprehensive project and program
information is available to senior management and the wider organization.
● Bachelor’s degree in science or relevant field
● MBA desirable
● PMP certification desirable
● At least 5 years of pharma experience
● At least 2 years of project management experience
● Experience and sound working knowledge of the drug development process
● Awareness and familiarity regarding the execution of clinical trials, especially Phases
● Experience and knowledge to assist teams to prepare for regulatory interactions,
submission experience preferred but not required
● Sound working knowledge of Microsoft Project