Job Title: Business Development Director
Location: Boston Regional.
Job Summary: The Director of Business Development will have the responsibility for growing, maintaining, and fostering sales in a regional territory. They will work as part of a team to help meet sales goals and work through a CRM to augment existing sales practices and methodologies.
About the company:
Our client offers preclinical services for drug discovery, focused on the use of nonhuman primates to determine pharmacokinetics, pharmacology and toxicology of small molecules and biologics.
Access to the largest population of readily available naïve and non-naïve non-human primates (old-world and new world) in the continental U.S.
Dedicated to providing cost-effective quality pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic studies with extremely fast turn-around time.
Dedicated to the on-time delivery of study samples and study reports (standard and specific study protocols).
AAALAC accredited, USDA and OLAW compliant.
1. Revenue Growth:
- Drive revenue growth by expanding the customer base and increasing sales within existing accounts.
- Analyze sales data and market trends to identify opportunities and threats.
- Develop and manage sales forecasts and budgets.
2. Customer Relationship Management:
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key clients and strategic partners.
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction and retention.
- Address customer inquiries, concerns, and escalations as needed.
3. Sales Process Optimization:
- Streamline and optimize the sales process to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Implement best practices, sales methodologies, and tools to support the sales team.
4. Market Research and Competitor Analysis:
- Monitor industry trends, competitive landscape, and customer needs.
- Use market research to make informed decisions and adapt the sales strategy accordingly.
5. Sales Reporting and Analytics:
- Regularly analyze sales performance data and provide reports to senior management.
- Use data-driven insights to make informed decisions and adjustments.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with marketing, product development, and other departments to ensure alignment and support sales efforts.
7. Compliance and Ethical Standards:
- Ensure that all sales activities and practices comply with legal and ethical standards.
- Maintain a high level of integrity and professionalism within the sales team.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical field; sales training desired
- Proven track record of successful sales leadership and achieving revenue targets.
- Strong understanding of the industry, market dynamics, and customer behavior.
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication, and negotiation skills.
- Proficiency in sales management software and CRM tools.
- Strategic thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Leadership and team management experience.
- Ability to adapt to changing market conditions and a dynamic business environment.
- Strong analytical and data-driven decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to ethical business practices.
- 5+ years of experience in scientific sales in the Life-science industry (Toxicology, Pharmacology, Primates desired)