Job Description – Drug Discovery Contract Services – Director of Business Development West Coast
City Region: California, Nevada, Utah
We are seeking energetic, self-reliant individuals who can translate innovative solutions into sales. Ideal candidates will have a successful track record in territory development and demonstrated sales results. This position is an ideal opportunity for individuals who demonstrate the ability to manage relationships effectively, work independently, and can travel as needed. The business development manager will have broad knowledge in the area of
- Drug Discovery
- Antibody Drug Discovery
- Peptide Drug Discovery
- Discovery and Translational Biology
- High Throughput Biology
- Hit-Content Biology and Screening
- Small Molecule Chemistry
- In Vivo Pharmacology (rodent)
A rapidly growing mid-size Preclinical/Drug Discovery Contract Research Organization (CRO) is expanding its West Coast Territory with another Director of BD to support continued growth. Internal Scientific Experience is available. Ultimate decision-making capabilities will remain with the Director of Business Development. Support and promote In-Vivo and In-Vitro Pre-Clinical Drug Development Services by identifying, developing, managing, and retaining potential and existing accounts within the Territory. Territory can be flexible as far as home base. The target Market will be heavily weighed on CA.
Ideal targets will be small virtual biotechnology and biopharmaceutical companies that do not have lab space or complete expertise.
- Research Scientists in the organization all came from Big Pharma and had Drug Discovery Experience throughout the Drug Development pipeline
- Nimble and able to shift in response to client’s needs
- The ability for custom services that are not out of a box
- Former Pharmaceutical site of excellence – the facility was sold and upgraded
- State-of-the-art technology and scientific capabilities
- Fully integrated Drug Discovery and Drug Development facility
• Identify opportunities to coordinate client contact with biotech/pharmaceutical companies (both prospective and current clients of the Company) to market and ensure customer satisfaction with Company services.
• Respond to client inquiries and provide information, including cost estimates and timelines in response to inquiries
• Write routine reports and correspondence in a professional manner
• Manage multiple opportunities and projects simultaneously
• Possess the capacity to advocate on the client’s behalf
• Visit prospective clients and present information regarding the preclinical and clinical capabilities of the company to obtain new business.
• Coordinate appointments with clients as needed to expand the growth of the business
• Identify prospective clients and convert them.
• Book local events to present company information and generate contacts for prospective businesses.
• Partner with clients and in-house scientific experts to recommend solutions to a wide range of pre-clinical/Drug Discovery study design challenges.
• Coordinate internal project teams to support client requests and anticipated business needs.
• Contribute to developing and executing strategies that will increase the efficiency of the Client Services group by working with fellow group members as a team.
- BS or MS/Ph.D. with 5-10 years of related experience and/or training in the biotech, pharmaceutical development, or Drug Discovery preclinical CRO industry
- Mandatory 2-8 years experience in Business Development in a technical area selling custom research services.
- Solid knowledge of the CRO and/or Biotech and Pharmaceutical industries with a firm grasp on Drug Discovery/ Preclinical research, both GLP and non-GLP studies.
- Demonstrates success in managing multiple projects and opportunities simultaneously.
- Experience selling research services. Consumables, products, reagents, and capital equipment Only cannot be considered, Sorry 🙁
Commensurate with Experience – $135K – 155K base salary $160-190K OTE (on target earnings)
Benefits: Health, Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, 401K, PTO 3 weeks to start