City Region Greater Boston Area
Territory Covered– New England
Job Title Director of Business Development (IC) Drug Development Services
5-6 products sold
-Pre Clinical Drug Development Services
-Drug Delivery Testing Services
Base Range- Total Comp Range
$80,000-120,000 Base OTE $125,000- $160,000 (Uncapped) Base increase commensurate with CRO Service Sales Experience.
Business Development and Growth of PreClinical Services.
Rapidly Growing mid-size Preclinical Contract Research Organization (CRO) is expanding its West Coast Territory with another Director of BD to support continued growth. Productive territory is handled by inside sales and is ready for full-time Business Development. Internal Scientific Experience is available. Ultimate decision-making capabilities will remain with the Director of Business Development. Support and promote Pre-Clinical Drug Development Services by identifying, developing, managing, and retaining potential and existing accounts within the West Coast Territory.
Unique efficacy models that the big players don’t have
Nimble and able to shift in response to client’s needs
The ability for custom services that are not out of a box
Research facility with unique model generation capabilities.
Over 25 years experience in the market.
• Identify opportunities to coordinate client contact with Government agencies, biotech/pharmaceutical companies (both prospective and current clients of Company), to market and ensure customer satisfaction with Company services.
• Respond to client inquiries and provide information including cost estimates and timelines in response to inquiries
• Write routine reports and correspondence in a professional manner
• Manage multiple opportunities and projects simultaneously
• Possess the capacity to advocate on the client’s behalf
• Visit prospective clients and present information regarding the preclinical and clinical capabilities of the company to obtain new business.
• Coordinate appointments with clients as needed to expand the growth of the business
• Identify prospective clients and convert.
• Book local events to present company information and generate contacts for prospective businesses.
• Partner with clients and in-house scientific experts to recommend solutions to a wide range of pre-clinical study design challenges.
• Coordinate internal project teams to support client requests and anticipated business needs.
• Contribute to developing and executing strategies that will increase the efficiency of the Client Services group by working with fellow group members as a team.
BS or MS with 6-10 years related experience and/or training in the biotech, pharmaceutical development or preclinical CRO industry
Mandatory 3-8 years experience in Business Development in a technical area
Solid knowledge of the CRO and/or Biotech and Pharmaceutical industries with a firm grasp on preclinical toxicology, both GLP and non-GLP studies.
Demonstrates success in managing multiple projects and opportunities simultaneously.