Cell Culture Production Laboratory Manager
Rapidly growing Boston Biotech organization that has grown through acquisition in the last 2 years expanding its technology reach is looking for a Cell Culture Production Laboratory Supervisor to oversee its West Boston laboratory and to grow the existing group of 5 scientists.
Can you put a check in these boxes?
O Are you looking for a way to rapidly contribute to drug development that is animal-free and potentially more relevant to human outcomes?
O Are you a creative problem solver who is considered a go-getter and is not satisfied with a remote role?
O Do you enjoy physically creating a product you can hold in your hands?
O Are you looking for significant visibility to upper management in a < 90-person site?
Reporting structure: Reports directly to the Director of Operations.
- Ensures that all aspects of tissue production are completed correctly and on time, including seeding the correct number of kits, splitting the correct number of plates, thawing the correct number of vials, etc.
- Ensures the group timely prepares, assembles, and submits product batch records to the Product Manager
- Organizes tasks around the lab and assigns specific duties to lab members
- Has thorough knowledge of all aspects of the production process and acts as a go-to resource when questions arise. Is able to step into the production process in the absence of a technician
- Assumes responsibility for maintaining QC records and ensures all equipment is kept in spec
- Spearheads product development/optimization research under the direction of the product manager
- Able to analyze data and present results in a concise and readable format
- Interacts with customer service to put new orders on the production schedule
- Oversees the training of new employees within the lab and helps them grow within the organization
- Alerts product manager when a problem occurs
- Works with product manager to determine the root cause of out of spec or otherwise unexpected results
- Participates in writing and reviewing SOPs
- Keeps up to date with the latest technologies and processes that may be applied to further the goals of the company
- Participates in upper-level meetings as a direct connection between the lab and management
- Able to independently develop and present ideas to advance production processes
- Leads special projects or product optimization/development research
Qualifications and experience:
- Master’s degree in Biology or equivalent with 3+ years of hands-on cell culture experience or Bachelor’s degree in Biology or equivalent with 5+ years of hands-on cell culture experience, as well as previous experience as a Laboratory Supervisor
- Proficient in mammalian cell cultures
- Expert in aseptic technique
- GMP experience preferred
- 2+ years of tissue engineering experience preferred
Fantastic benefits, Company Paid insurance premiums and out of pocket expenses, 8% 401k match, professional development training, collaborative work culture environment, potential for long term incentive plan, flexible schedule