Chief of Staff – Primate Quarantine and CDC Holding Facility
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated individual to join our team as the Chief of Staff for our Primate Quarantine and CDC Holding Facility. This position reports directly to the Director of Site Operations and will play a crucial role in overseeing operational aspects, executing plans, and proactively resolving challenges. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in project management, exceptional communication skills, and the ability to strategically direct the operation. A certification from AALAS as LATG or CMAR and experience in a laboratory animal operations facility will be advantageous.
1. Operational Leadership: Oversee day-to-day operations of the Primate Quarantine and CDC Holding Facility. Ensure compliance with all relevant regulations, protocols, and safety standards. Monitor and maintain proper animal care and welfare.
2. Project Management: Lead and coordinate projects within the facility, from planning and initiation to execution and completion. Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure successful project outcomes.
3. Problem Solving: Identify operational challenges and proactively devise effective solutions to optimize efficiency and productivity. Implement process improvements to enhance facility operations.
4. Communication: Effectively communicate with the Director of Site Operations and other stakeholders, providing regular updates on facility activities, progress, and challenges. Foster open communication within the team.
5. Strategic Direction: Contribute to the development and implementation of long-term strategies for the facility. Work closely with the Director of Site Operations to align operational goals with overall organizational objectives.
6. Compliance and Regulations: Ensure strict adherence to all applicable regulations, including CDC and quarantine protocols, to maintain the highest standard of animal care and biosecurity.
7. Staff Training and Development: Supervise and mentor facility staff, promoting professional growth and providing ongoing training to maintain a skilled and motivated team.
– Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, preferably focusing on laboratory animal science or a related discipline.
– AALAS certification as LATG or CMAR is strongly preferred.
– Proven experience in project management and operational leadership within a laboratory animal operations facility.
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to convey complex information effectively.
– Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to think critically to address challenges proactively.
– Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team-oriented environment.
– Knowledge of CDC and quarantine regulations is desirable.
– Familiarity with primate care and husbandry is a plus.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package for the right candidate. Join our dynamic team and contribute to the advancement of primate research while maintaining the highest standards of animal welfare and facility operations. If you are passionate about animal care, project management, and strategic leadership, we encourage you to apply for the Chief of Staff position in our Primate Quarantine and CDC Holding Facility.