Position Title: Animal Facility Operations Manager
Reports to: CEO
Location: East Naples Florida
- Lead and Manger the three Operations groups: Husbandry, Study Operations, and Necropsy.
- Manage the in-house non-human primate (NHP) colony along with operational support
- Monitor all incoming and outgoing NHP shipments.
- Training of the Study technicians and the Necropsy technicians.
ESSENTIAL WORK ACTIVITIES:
- Organize scheduling, training, and onboarding of Technical Staff
- Conduct quality control assessment to make sure study conducts meet certain organizational standards such as SOPs and Facility Operations Standards
- Provide State of Operations reports to the CEO
- Foster a positive environment that encourages employees to work in a productive manner
- Monitor employee performance and provide guidance
- Implement measures and make sure employees follow safety measures such as proper PPE and under Animal Welfare guidance.
- Oversee processes to find areas of improvement
- Assist the Veterinarian Staff with Semi-Annual Physicals, bio-product collection, and client/contractual procedures performed on non-human primates
- Oversee and ensure completion of all requirements for daily protocol tasks.
- Accept and verify documents of non-human primates received.
- Review/ verify USDA Documentation 7020 for the acquisition and transport of animals.
- Train Staff on the proper procedures for disposal of Bio-Medical Waste.
- Function as a Safety Committee Member
OTHER WORK ACTIVITIES:
- Ensure the Quality Control cleaning requirements are met and exceeded.
- Assign Standard Operating Procedures to all departments.
- Monitor and inspect all Personal Protective Equipment use
- Inspect and maintain all animal housing areas.
- Help foster the highest standards of Animal Welfare
- Oversee the ordering of all chemicals for the disinfecting of holding areas as well as
Supplies for testing.
Operations Analyst Skills and Qualifications:
Problem Solving, Quality Focus, General Consulting Skills, Project Management, Process Improvement, Client Relationships, Reporting Skills, Networking Knowledge, Networking Standards
- AALAS Certifications LAT, LATG, CMAR, etc
- Previous experience working and managing within an in vivo biomedical research facility
- 2 years minimum management experience